Monday, June 04, 2007

Hey kids, you like the rock and roll? Here are some album reviews



The Elms - The Chess Hotel. I became familiar with The Elms through hearing a couple of their songs on contemporary Christian radio stations. I had some free CDs to buy with my BMG account, and decided to give them a try. Even though I didn't hear a track from this album previously, I was told somewhere that this album was heavily influenced by 60s groups like the Rolling Stones. I had to give the album a try.

Any fans of acoustic and/or classic rock will love this album, as it is ripe with various influences. I thought I detected some Black Crowes and Tom Petty. Interestingly enough, their website states that the producer was "the engineering mind behind brilliant albums from Tom Petty, The Posies, The Black Crowes, and scores of others..." The album, like many in CCM today, is not overtly spiritual, but to me, I think a spiritually-neutral album is better than one spiritually corrosive. I highly recommend this album for any lovers of pure rock and/or roll. Click here to check out some of their tracks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome... I'll have to check them out when I get home.

I'm surprised you didn't delete my comment yesterday... Hehehe

Chance said...

Oh right... you were kidding...right...