Wednesday, August 23, 2006

I've been tagged by Josh

1. One book that changed your life: The Book of Matthew

2. A book you read more than once: The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis

3. A book you would want on a desert island: Probably the entire Chronicles of Narnia (I haven't read it yet, but I am about to, and I figure I would want a long book) by C.S. Lewis

4. A book that made you cry: Hmmm, I don't know if I've ever cried while reading. I suppose if there was a book called the Death of Cute Kittens, that would make me cry.

5. A book that made you laugh: SeinLanguage by Jerry Seinfeld

6. A book you wish had been written: Chance, Pinnacle of Masculinity and the Coolest Guy who ever Lived

7. A book you wish had never been written: I would agree with Josh and say the Koran.

8. Book I am currently reading: Keeping Your Wife Your Best Friend by Clarence Schuler.

9. Book I am planning on reading: Becoming One: Emotionally, Spiritually, and Sexually by Joe Beam. At least I think that is the one my friend is reading.

10. Person to tag: I think Michael has done it before, so I'll tag Dan and Lee.

3 comments:

Dan Trabue said...

Can I answer here?

1. I'll skip the Bible, as that is a given, and answer, Living in Christian Community, by Art Gish.

2. Fidelity, by Wendell Berry.

3. Tom Brown's Guide to Wild Edible and Medicinal Plants (ever the pragmatist).

4. Hannah Coulter, by Wendell Berry...and like a baby.

5. Mark Twain's Collected Short Stories.

6. W: The Shortest-Lived Presidency in US History, by an unemployed and imprisoned Karl Rove.

7. There are doubtless many books out there that I would consider a waste of paper, but I don't know that I'd have any of them obliterated from human history...

8. Lost Mountain, by Erik Reece.

9. I'm eagerly awaiting the final Harry Potter book.

I'll pass on asking anyone else, as I don't generally like doing these - although I DO enjoy talking and hearing about books. Thanks for asking.

Josh said...

Chance, thanks for playing along. I've never read the Screwtape Letters, but I've heard it's a great book.

Answers #4 & #6 are hilarious!

Michael Westmoreland-White, Ph.D. said...

Yes, I played before. My choices are found here:

http://anabaptist418.blogspot.com/2006/08/one-book-meme.html