Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Crocodile Hunter

I am sure everyone heard the news by now, but the Crocodile Hunter, Steve Irwin, died this weekend. Apparently, he was punctured in the heart by a stingray.

The news is truly sad. I have to say, I was not completely surprised, but sad nonetheless. I have no doubt that Irwin motivated many people to study subjects like zoology. My wife has a zoology degree, so she was definitely a fan.

If anything, Irwin's life shows us that the point of life is not to simply avoid death. Yes, the Crocodile Hunter took risks, which ultimately led to an early death. However, he pursued his passion and spent his life doing what he loved. In doing so, he lived a much fuller life than most of us.

As Lee said, "There are worse ways to go."

2 comments:

Josh said...

This story was really sad. I always thought it would be a croc or a snake but never would've imagined it would be a stingray.

Lee said...

Thanks for the plug.