Monday, May 22, 2006

Ronald Reagan's opinion on immigration.

The Opinion Journal takes a look at Ronald Reagan's quotes concerning immigration.

I don't have time for any in-depth analysis. However, I tend to agree with President Bush and the late former President Reagan. While I believe in the rule of law, ultimately, I believe in making it easier for those who want to come to America and work.

I admit that I do not know a lot about what's involved in this immigration issue, and I do not like the idea of people coming here illegally and mooching off government welfare, but I think making it easier to become a citizen, or at least work here, could fix part of that. I don't know many factors in this issue, and I need to become more educated, but I just want to say right now that Reagan's vision of America as a "city on a hill" really captures me.

No comments: